My name's Nick and I am the owner of You First Therapeutic Services. I am originally from Bedford in East Anglia and moved to Norfolk in 2015. My interests include visiting family and friends, art, cars, and you may be able to tell, Japan. This includes (but is not limited to) Japanese cars, anime, films, and the language which I speak a bit of.
I like to think of myself as a champion for self-care although it can be difficult to find the time, its important to recognise what we need as individuals and what makes us happy. If we can find a moment for ourselves and have some 'me' time it can do wonders for our health and wellbeing.
I am a Registered member of BACP and a Practitioner member of BAATN.
I refer to myself as an Integrative Counsellor and Youth Mental Health Practitioner.
CPCAB - Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling (Integrative)
CPCAB - Certificate in Counselling Skills (Integrative)
CPCAB - Certificate in Counselling Studies (Integrative)
BA (Hons) Business Management
Some of my Continuous Professional Development (It would be a longer list)
- Working with Insomnia
- Working with insecure attachment
- Working with Trauma
- Attachment & attachment in early years
- Working with Shame
- Working with Anger
- Controlling relationships
- Some of my best friends are gay
- Uniqueness of Autism
- Childhood bereavement
- Depression: a compassionate view
- A.D.H.D awareness
- Trending drugs
- Online Safety for Young People
- Core Safeguarding Children and Young People
- Trauma is contagious..so is love: Creative approaches in working with challenging adolescents
- Understanding and Working with suicide
- Student Mental Health
- Safeguarding training
- Peace when my mind feels out of control
- Working Therapeutically with people with Learning disabilities
- Approaches to trauma and depression and Mindfulness
- Mental Health First Aid (2 days)
- Introduction to advice work
Why the logo & name?
An important part of my logo (in the top left of the screen) is a Cherry Blossom Tree. The cherry blossom has always given me my own personal reminder to appreciate life, fresh starts, to be mindful, and to seize the day.
I will put You First in our work together and ensure that trust, confidentiality and safety is a priority. Before we can change our outlook we have to look at our lives and ask those hard questions which can be difficult, but something we will do together.